Greater Atlanta ASTD Scholarship Program
To encourage and support continuing education and professional development in the field of workforce learning and development, the Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD has established the Greater Atlanta ASTD Scholarship Program. The program provides a $1000.00 annual grant to students of workplace learning and development programs as well as industry professionals continuing their education and professional development.
Areas of study may include:
- Post-secondary academic programs in workplace learning and development
- Graduate academic programs in workplace learning and development
- Certificate programs in workplace learning and development
- Programs in pursuit of Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD.
Applications and references must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com.
To apply, download the application. The application process will be open from July 1, 2014 through September 30, 2014. The award will be announced on November 15.
Items to be included in your application:
- Contact Information – Include your name, email address and phone number
- Program of Study – Identify the area of study and specific program you are pursuing
- Why – Describe why you chose the specific program and how it will make a difference for you as a learning and development professional
- Yourself – Describe why you consider yourself a good candidate for an Greater Atlanta ASTD scholarship (limit 500 words)
- Recommendation – A letter of recommendation from someone who can support why you are a good candidate for a Greater Atlanta ASTD scholarship is required. Instructions for submitting the letter of reference are on the form. One completed reference is required and you can submit up to three.
- ASTD Atlanta Involvement – Detail your involvement with Greater Atlanta ASTD Chapter. You must be a member of the chapter to apply. Volunteer involvement with the chapter is not a requirement for application.
Applications for the 2014 Greater Atlanta ASTD Scholarships are due by September 30, 2014.
Please address questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.