About Greater Atlanta ASTD
The Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD is the premier community for Georgia workplace learning and performance improvement professionals, with our professional development, service and leadership recognized throughout the profession.
The Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD provides its members with the knowledge, skills, tools and resources necessary to ensure ongoing professional development, and the ability to deliver exceptional value to their organizations in the area of workplace learning and performance.
Our Values Statement
- Focus on the challenges our members and their organizations are facing and provide members with tools and resources to address those challenges.
- Define the workplace learning and performance profession and shape its future by being a leading source of industry trends and successful practices.
- Model and leverage technology to engage members, capture world-class knowledge, facilitate interaction, and deliver timely information, products, and services.
- Serve regional, national, and global communities by being a leading catalyst for creating and sharing workplace learning and performance knowledge and practices.
- Demonstrate the value of affiliation with The Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD to organizations, industries, and local regions that are under-served in the area of workplace learning and performance.
About ASTD & ASTD Atlanta
ASTD (American Society for Training & Development) is the world’s largest association dedicated to workplace learning and performance professionals. ASTD’s members come from more than 100 countries and connect locally in more than 130 U.S. chapters and with more than 30 international partners. Members work in thousands of organizations of all sizes, in government, as independent consultants, and suppliers.
Established in 1955, the Greater Atlanta Chapter of ASTD is one of the largest ASTD Chapters in the country and recognized as a thought leader with multiple awards. We are a regional, non-profit association of workplace performance professionals, providing our members with a forum for the exchange of professional development opportunities and resources as they strive to improve workplace learning and performance.
Some of the ways in which this exchange takes place are as follows: